Model Photography Sessions
For bookings please call (518) 526-9970
Studio: 169 River Street, 2nd FL
Troy, NY 12180
Looking to start or update your modeling portfolio? Paul and Brenda of Upstate Photographers in Troy, NY have years of experience shooting fashion, glamour, commercial, alternative, and beauty sessions in the Albany area. Working with the Capital Region’s most talented and creative makeup artists and stylists, we can produce not just great pictures, but pictures that showcase your unique personal style. Whether you’re starting or refreshing a professional portfolio, or just modeling for your own enjoyment, Upstate Photographers is the place to go for your model photography!
Want to see more examples of our photography with models? Click here!
Professional Model Portfolio Session $99*
- A professional photography session shot in high-resolution professional digital in our studio, on-location, or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Weekday, evening, and weekend sessions available. While we don’t encourage walk-ins, same-day appointments are often available
- We shoot up to three different looks (wardrobe changes)
- Up to an hour of photography – we shoot until we are confident we’ve created some great images; most sessions last 30-60 minutes. Additional hours available at $99/hr. Styling and makeup time does not come out of your shooting time.
- Before you leave the studio, you pick the four best images from each “look” from your session (a total of twelve images). We then immediately upload your selections to an online gallery at high resolution. Your pictures are ready to share, download and use the same day!
- You can download any or all of the twelve images from your gallery at high resolution any time you like for any purpose (see the Usage License we provide for specifics). The images will remain in your gallery for at least one year. (When we say “twelve images,” that’s a minimum. Generally, we put up all the best images for the shoot. Depending on how it goes, it could be just 12, or as many as 50 or so. We never hold back good images! That being said, we never provide “all” the images.
- If you choose to have one or more of your images professionally retouched (including hair straightening, blemish removal, wrinkle softening, skin smoothing, teeth whitening, etc.) we can do this for $24 per image. Retouching usually takes 48 hours, same day rush turn-around is available for an additional charge. You can select the pictures for retouching at the time of your session, or you can take however much time you need to show your gallery to family and friends, and then order the retouched images days, even months after the session is over.
- Payment for your session is due after you select your images at the end of the session; we accept cash, check, PayPal and most major debit and credit cards. Orders for retouching, prints, or digital media are payable at time of order.
Makeup and hair styling is not included. For women, we usually recommend makeup; for men, makeup is rarely necessary. For our clients who choose to have their makeup done, we suggest you book an in-studio makeup artist. The typical cost is $75 for one application in the studio, or $150 to have the artist stay through the shoot doing touchups, look changes, etc. If you want us to book a makeup artist at your session, please let us know when you make your appointment so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Prints, Comp Cards, and Digital Media
- 4×6 print. $1.99
- 5×7 print. $2.99
- 8×10 print. $4.99
- 9×12 print. $8.99
- 11×14 print. $15.99
- 16 x 20 print. $34.95
- Fifty (50) 8×10″ photo prints, carefully printed and color corrected on professional-grade paper, checked and approved by our staff, and then available for pickup at our studio. $119. Add $15 for shipping to you by Fed Ex.
- One Hundred (100) 8×10″ photo prints, carefully printed and color corrected on professional-grade paper, checked and approved by our staff, and then available for pickup at our studio. $199. Add $20 for shipping to you by Fed Ex.
- Model Comp Card. Industry-standard 5.5 x 8.5″ double-sided, 110lb cover stock, glossy both sides, 100 copies. No additional charge for layout if from our photos, using one of our standard layouts. $109. Add $15 for shipping to you via Fed Ex.
- Photo Business Cards. 100 2 x 3.5″ business cards on premium paper with your full-color photo on one side, and name, contact info, and stats on the other side. $49
- Your images are uploaded to your gallery, and are available for download and viewing for at least one year after your session. If you require a physical copy of those image files, we can provide a USB flash drive with your images on it. $49, which includes Fed Ex Ground shipping and handling.
*8% NY State Sales Tax is added to all purchases with a tangible delivery item. No sales tax collected on images that are delivered online only with nothing shipped to you.
** Unretouched digital images uploaded to your gallery. Retouching, delivery on CD or USB flash drive, and print orders require additional postproduction and shipping time.
Important Notices: Turnaround and delivery times are conservative estimates, but are only estimates unless explicitly guaranteed to you personally in writing. Actual delivery time depends on workload and other factors. All offers are limited and subject to availability.
Payment in full is due at the end of your session. We accept cash, check, PayPal, and most debit and credit cards. Prices and offers are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Upstate Photographers is a service. Therefore, once the service is rendered, there are no refunds. In the case where you are not happy with your performance in front of the camera (this means that there are no photos which are acceptable to you), in-studio reshoots are available at the discretion of Upstate Photographers for $25 per look. No other services (such as hair or makeup) are included in the reshoot price.